Friday 27 February 2009

Blessings, Contrasts and Christianity

I get reminded, now and then, of just how much my life has changed since 2005. Not in the ways that you might think though. The whole "change of sex" thing turned my life upside-down of course, as you'd expect. The medical puzzlements as to how things happened, the mechanisms, still remain, and for me, any hormone treatment has to be classed as "experimental". We're in Unknown Territory, Terra Incognita. Yet another blood-test today, tracking what's happening even if we don't fully understand it.

My transformation was not just from male to female - or to be pedantic, female-thought-to-be-a-mildly-intersexed-man to female-known-to-have-been-a-severely-intersexed-woman, but one even more profound. From a first class citizen, secure in her rights, knowing that for all its faults, society was on the whole not too bad, to a pariah, filth, a cancer on the body of society, someone worse than a mere murderer or bank robber. Someone who looked unexceptional, but who, if their medical history was known to them, many tens of thousands of people would exterminate on sight, and consider themselves doing the world a favour, and even doing God's work.

Here's what I mean.

From WorldNet Daily :
Sen. Scott Renfroe, R-Greeley, stood before the state Senate Feb. 23 just before it passed SB 88, a bill granting insurance benefits to homosexual partners of state employees. He read scripture to lawmakers – including the bill's openly "gay" sponsors, Democrats Sen. Jennifer Veiga and Rep. Mark Ferrandino.
...
Renfroe began reading the book of Leviticus to the Senate.
"Ye shall not lie with a man as one lies with a female. It is an abomination," he read. "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act, and they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltness is upon them."
...Renfroe acknowledge that the Bible condemns many sins, and he said the state should not seek to legalize those behaviors.

"Obviously we have sin — we have murder, we have, we have all sorts of sin, we have adultery, and we don't make laws making those legal, and we would never think to make murder legal," he said. "I stand in my belief that this is wrong, and we should not condone it as a government."
Now I'm not Gay, but to such people, Transsexuals, Gays, the Intersexed, they're all the same. Abominations guilty of Abomination. To be compared - and not favourably - with murderers, and commanded by God Almighty to be put to death.

You might remember Greeley. It was the place where a Transsexual woman was bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher in the course of a robbery. And then when, critically wounded she started "gurgling and trying to get up" was hit again and again until she stopped moving, permanently. And where the defence argued that the victim smiling at her attacker was unbearable provocation, because she was transsexual.

It seems that at least one Republican lawmaker would agree, and applaud the act as being in accordance with Divine Will. He didn't speak as a private citizen either, but in the legislature.

He's not alone. From the Colorado Independant:
State Sen. Dave Schultheis (R-Colorado Springs) restated his opposition to a bill requiring HIV tests for pregnant women by claiming that infected babies would cause families to “see the negative consequences of that promiscuity.”
“What I’m hoping is that, yes, that person may have AIDS, have it seriously as a baby and when they grow up, but the mother will begin to feel guilt as a result of that,”
Yes, a Lawmaker actually hopes that babies will get AIDS, in order that the mother will see the "error of her ways". Which is why he's voting against a protocol that prevents that from happening. If he'd do that to babies, what would he encourage against adults?

This attitude is not just in Colorado. In Utah, Senator Chris Buttars (R-West Jordan) said that the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community doesn't want "equality, they want superiority." That "It's the beginning of the end...Oh, it's worse than that. Sure. Sodom and Gomorrah was localized. This is worldwide...". He called the gay-rights movement "probably the greatest threat to America," likened gay activists to Muslim radicals and dubbed same-sex relationships "abominations."

Thy shoot Terrorists don't they? So what should they do with someone even worse?

It's ironic that I'm not even Gay, but no matter. I'll accept the label if it puts me on the other side of these people. People who want to see babies get AIDS.

I have fallen down the rabbit hole, into a looking-glass world where people like me are murdered every few weeks. And many more taken to the brink of death. Well, the world is an imperfect place, I always knew that. But now it's different, the people who freeze to death on church steps aren't in some 3rd world kleptocracy or dictatorship, they're people I know, people whose websites I've visited. You can't be TS without knowing personally someone who's died or been put in intensive care from violence. More than one.

For those who think that Christians are being persecuted in return by the all-powerful GLBT lobby and their "Homosexual Agenda", there's this:



Yet even becoming a Pariah has not been the most life-changing effect. I can't say the sex-change and the demotion to the status of subhuman vermin are unimportant details, but there's something I consider far more important in changing my life. It's the people I've met, and the situations I've seen and read about.

I was blessed with a miraculous cure for my transsexuality, and that was a relief I can't express adequately in words. Like being released from Hell. But I've had an even greater blessing. One that's causing me to seriously question my agnosticism, when a mere inexplicable medical phenomenon could not.

From D. in Colorado, the place where the first two Republican senators came from:
As many of you may remember, It was a 11 months ago yesterday that I was brutally beaten and left for dead for what, being me. I've gone down along road with many twist and turns, and a lot of frustration and hard work to get to where I am today. I still haven't hit what the medical profession calls maximum medical improvement. (I guess that's good) I still have more work ahead, but considering I almost didn't make it and last May they were starting the paper work for permanent disability without quality life. I've been able to officially retire the following therapist, physical, occupational, speech and barring any hiccups my neurologist (hurray no more MRI's or Cat scans). Yesterday, I went to my primary care who finally released me to return to work full time gradually increasing my hours over the next 2-4 weeks. Unfortunately they did still keep some medical restrictions in place to hopefully protect me, but I know I've come along way!

No need to respond, I just needed to express my feelings, but thanks anyway for reading.

Once again remember in this fast pace world that we live in today, please take the time to STOP, look around, smell the roses, and see the beauty life has to offer. Take your negatives and turn them into positives. Remember you only live once, and you never know if you'll wake up tomorrow and have the chance to again!

Thanks for all the support! Remember to always be aware of your surroundings. I love you all, and thanks again for your love and support!
And from C.
As some already know, or may not know, I was literally "Murdered"
just after my 21st birthday, in 1988...I was slipped in and out of death many times before I was stabilized...
The EMS crew had written me off on arrival to the hospital... I was fully comatose...
Without going into all the gory details again here, I am still not completely healed. I never will be. The attackers thought they had butchered me...but, modern medical science managed to pull me from the grip of death...but not with out life long side effects.

I was unable to do much of anything for 18 months after I was spared from the embalmers table...

Take every moment of life's breath as a precious gift. and if you are like us, the ones who pay a horrible price for being who and what we are, every step towards recovery is a major win.

I will pray very hard for you, that you too can recover and mend.
I will pray that your inner spirit, can find the way to somehow go on, and not suffer the nightmares of reliving it endlessly.


For me, it took forgiveness. Why they decided to do what they did to me, I don't know. I never found out who it was...but, I had to forgive it in my mind. I had to let it go...in order to go forward with my life.

Your survival and subsequent living of life fully later, is going to be the real victory.

None of us should have to endure this kind of pain...just because we are " special souls ".
I've been placed in the company of such women. People who have every reason to curse God, the Fates, the Universe, and their oppressors. People who should by all rights be bitter and twisted from the decades of misery induced by transsexuality, and the persecution they get when they have the temerity to get treatment for it. And what do I find? Love. Forgiveness. Life. Hope.

Remaining Agnostic in the face of that is increasingly difficult.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Zoe, thank you for that. The ending brought tears to my eyes.

Bunny said...

Jesus only left two rules: Love God, and love they neighbor. Funny how "Christians" never want to talk about those two, instead they keep trying to dig up all sorts of other stuff from the old testament that contradicts it.

Bad hair days said...

They misgendered Tish Canon by calling her Moses in the video. Not respecting them is not a good way to honor the dead.

Battybattybats said...

Personally I see more nobility from such actions of forgiveness and hope if there is no deity than if there is one.

Anonymous said...

And you keep on documenting it, sista.

Anonymous said...

That lawmaker wanting AIDS to be passed on to babies was picked up at lewrockwell.com:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025598.html