Tuesday 25 September 2007

Perspective

Sometimes amidst the embuggerances of daily life, we lose sight of what is important, because we are too busy dealing with what is urgent.

One of the few advantages of living such a melodramatic life - apart from never being bored - is that you see things, sometimes terrible and tragic things, that put your own minor day-to-day difficulties into perspective. You realise just how great the gifts you've been given.

Here's an advertisement, of all things, from Thailand that might help in case you have any worries. To put things into perspective.



For David and Louise

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mms://wms.andrew.cmu.edu/001/pausch.wmv

Zoe Brain said...

The Last Lecture. "How to achieve your childhood dreams".

Thanks for that link.

I helped someone with pancreatic cancer once. Despite the remote odds, she lasted not the predicted 3 months, but 2 years. Survive that long, and there's a 50/50 chance of long-term survival (rather than 1000:1).

Alas, it was not to be. I'm still upset by that.

One of those perspective-inducing Life Experiences I was talking about. Now pardon me while I do some blessing-counting.

Calamity Jane said...

Knowing that there are others far, far worse off than me is one of the things that helps me deal with my problems.

That was a moving video unlike the usual banal insurance ads.