Friday 26 January 2007

Fire in the Sky

The Filksong - now a Video.


At SF Conventions and other places, peculiar people, SF Fans and Space Cadets, gather round to sing songs of longing, fantasy, low humour, or all three. "Banned from Argo" comes to mind.
Then they leave, and go about their humdrum lives. Some as clerks, some as satellite technicians, some as truck drivers, some as researchers on quantum teleportation.

Some do more than dream, you see. And some of the clerks are gaining qualifications part-time. Some of the truck-drivers too, if they're not transporting booster components. I'm not saying everyone, if they want something badly enough, can get it. But more can than you think, and the first step is to try, with all your heart and soul.

3 comments:

Calamity Jane said...

Message received loud 'n' clear. F.A.B. Over 'n' out ;-)

Zoe Brain said...

OK Jane, who did you want to be like? Rhapsody, Harmony, Symphony, Destiny, or Melody?

I could never make up my mind : Hiram Hackenbacker or Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward?

And OMG I remembered the full name.

As regards messages - no-one ever accused Australians of being Subtle :)

Calamity Jane said...

By the time I saw the show I was little old for the wishing I was so and so kind of thing. When I was at that stage I wanted to be Wonder Woman or Maya from Space 1999, I believe that had a lot to do with her being able to transform into a black panther.

Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds, etc. had graduated to cult viewing re-runs when I used to watch. I used to fancy Captain Scarlet (and Captain Black with his dark, possessed good looks) - tell me, is it wrong to want to make sweet, sweet music with a puppet???