Saturday 9 September 2006

A Short Intermission

No blog post of any great worth or moment today.

I've been trying to cycle one of the hormones I'm on - a progesterol. The safe progesterone isn't easily available here in Australia, so I have to take a variant that has been known to cause depression.

Knowing it's chemically induced makes it easier to bear, but the timing is bad with the recent stress over the passport. Never mind, I've completed the 3 days a fortnight now, and I will be good for another 11 days. I had hoped that only taking it for 3 days would allow me to dodge the neurochemical imbalance, but it looks like I may have to discontinue entirely.

But it may not be entirely biochemical. This passport business has meant I've had to work 7 days a week for months now, so many letters written, so many trips to DFAT, and the National Library, so much legal research, so many legal appointments. And I've received some information which would indicate that the letter I received yesterday was not exactly in accordance with the regulations they're supposed to be following. That there is either malice or extraordinary incompetence involved.

So this morning, a reply to a parliamentary staffer who'd e-mailed me a few days ago, one stating the whole sorry, sordid mess. Preparing for questions in Parliament, if it comes to that.

I spent much of the night awake and crying. Must be the 'mones.

Well blow that for a joke, I'm going to have a cup of tea. Worse things happen at sea - including being stung by a ray. And as I was quietly sobbing, my little boy was cuddled up next to my back, reminding me of all the things that are truly important, and not mere transitory and inconsequential problems. Might even blog again today if I'm not too exhausted from sleep deprivation.

No comments: