Saturday 5 August 2006

Stop it Or I'll Meme

Tagged Again, this time by Fred Kiesche of The Eternal Golden Braid.

1. One Book That Changed Your Life

The Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis. A Bureaucracy much resembling the APO at times...

2. One book you have read more than once

I read most books more than once. One that stands out as multiply-readable is David Brin's Earth.

3. One book you would want on a desert island

The SAS Survival Handbook. Ever the practical girl, me.

4. One book that made you laugh

The first book that gave me good, honest, innocent laughs was Bennett Cerf's Book of Riddles.

5. One book that made you cry

True Selves. I hadn't realised I wasn't alone, and it's heartwrenching to see your own Life Story mirrored so accurately.

6. One book you wish you had written

Bronowski's The Ascent of Man

7. One book you wish had never been written

Anything by Chomsky. Anything. I was given a book of his to review by a publisher, and felt an obligation to go through it, carefully, cover-to-cover. Never Again.

8. One book you are currently reading

Only re-reads at the moment. Right now, the Illuminatus Trilogy, one of those books you keep on seeing new things in every time you read it. Probably because it's so Chaotic.

9. One book you have been meaning to read

"The Pocket Stylist: Behind-the-Scenes Expertise from a Fashion Pro on Creating Your Own Look" - for me, it's a textbook, there's so much I have still to learn. I've just been a bit too busy living to do it.

10. Now tag five people

Lloyd at It Looks Different From Here
Matt at Entirely Madd
Alan at MythusMage Opines
Morgan at Morgspace
And the incomparable and prolific Ninme

No comments: