Thursday 27 October 2005

Passed My Blood Test

I've just gotten back from yet another gruelling trip to Sydney, to see Prof Steinbeck, my endocrinologist.

Anyway, the results of my last blood tests came through, and I passed. Liver functions are normal, I'm tolerating the Hormone Replacement Therapy without a problem, and as regards Hormone levels, they are typical of a pre-menopausal women my age.

It's strangely affirming to have the female reference values printed alongside the results, rather than the male ones. Another small step on the journey.

I managed to fit in a 20 minute raid of the Galaxy Bookshop before I saw the Prof, another $130 off my bank balance...

After seeing the Prof, getting yet more tests afterwards, I made my way back to the Bus station. While waiting for the bus, and as planned, I managed to meet up with Morgan of Morgspace. We shared Endocrine stories (sorry, Morgan, for talking your ear off), had some nice cups of tea, and generally had a pleasant chat.

It ended far too soon, he's a charmer. One of a kind, in more ways than one, and that's a pity, the world could do with more people as genuine as him.

No comments: